Emergency or Crisis Situation, or Feeling Suicidal?
In crisis situations, including those in which you are feeling suicidal or homicidal, it is best to skip the process of evaluating alternatives for counselling or therapy and go straight to a service specifically designed for emergency support.
RightCounsellor.com recommends seeking immediate face-to-face support via your physician as the top priority if you are in crisis or are feeling suicidal or homicidal. If that is not immediately available to you within an acceptable period of time, or you feel unable or unwilling to contact your physician face-to-face, we recommend contacting one or more of the organisations listed below:
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Men’s Line Australia – 1300 789 978
In addition, the following two resource lists each include several more routes to securing help urgently:
- Get Help – National Mental Health Commission
- Crisis Numbers for Australian States and Territories – Maintained by Australian National University
This article was originally published by Site Editor on .on and last reviewed or updated by